Weddings in Ontario—Gathering Regulations:
New limits are in force in Ontario and elsewhere in Canada at the moment—for the latest in Ontario, please check out the official information site or contact us. To (February 17) the limit in areas that have entered the Red Zone are 30% capacity indoors and 100 people outdoors for weddings and other ceremonies.
These Ontario areas in the Red Zone (as of now) are:
- Chatham-Kent Public Health;
- City of Hamilton Public Health Services;
- Durham Region Health Department;
- Halton Region Public Health;
- Middlesex-London Health Unit;
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services;
- Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit;
- Southwestern Public Health;
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit;
- Wellington-Dufferin Guelph Public Health;
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
Peel, York, and Toronto are still under lockdown and, where the Emergency Management Act takes precedence, the limit is 10 people for weddings indoors and out for the moment. In the Grey Zone (Niagara for now) the limit is also 10 people indoors or out for ceremonies.
Banquet halls and other venues are still limited under the Red Zone and Grey—to 10 people indoors. We’ll advise as soon as we know of capacity changes or updates.
In the meantime, to schedule or discuss your requirements for an upcoming ceremony, please connect for details, and to reserve a date.